Thursday 17 November 2016

YouTube Africa Awards!



For the longest time I felt that African YouTubers based in Africa were somewhat sidelined in terms of recognition and involvement by YouTube. I know that those whose views are good enough to warrant payment get paid and all but that is as far as it went in my understanding and I stand to be corrected on this. Google has offices in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa but the continent is yet to get a YouTube Space like they do in other parts of the world I hope that is on the way YouTube.

So imagine  my surprise when I stumbled on an article online talking about the first ever YouTube Africa awards that were held in Johannesburg, South Africa last week. Check out the clip belowit is an hour plus long. This is a step in the right direction hopefully there are more awesome YouTube-Africa events to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.