Thursday 1 September 2016

Touched up..finally!



I finally ended my longest stretch yet and got a touch up about two weeks ago. I had lost count of how many weeks post I was at that point all I knew was my last touch up was in early November 2015 – self touch up. I tried to detangle my hair one Sunday afternoon and it was a real struggle no one had to tell me to pick up my phone and make an appointment for a touch up at my friend’s salon. I used my “texlaxer” of choice down below…

My new growth was so thick I did not want to deal with it myself and quite frankly did not trust myself to get good results with this amount of new growth so I went to my trusted hairdresser friend to do my touch up. I wasn’t paying much attention to the relaxer process as my friend had done my touch up before and I trust him to handle my hair as I would. Relaxer process done it was time to rinse, he used the neutralizing shampoo that came with the kit to neutralize the relaxer, several rinses and shampoos later it was time to deep condition. He used Crème of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment; and deep conditioned with heat for a little over half an hour. Deep conditioning done it was time to rinse off once more and then proceed to the hooded dryer. I asked that no products other than a heat protectant leave in conditioner be used as I wanted my hair flat ironed and that was exactly what he did. My hair was roller set and I sat under the hooded dryer until completely dry and then got my hair flat ironed. Other than the leave in conditioner the only other product used at this stage was an oil sheen spray and we were done. I was impressed with my length retention this year as I have only long term protective styled for a little over a month in the past ten months.

 
This was the result on relaxer day a few hours later
All I have been wearing is buns and two jumbo braids when not in a bun so in essence I was still protective styling just not long term with extensions and it worked just fine. I just took care of my hair as I normally would did not obsess about length every other month and when I was not paying attention I retained length; or maybe it was all those eggs I eat on an almost daily basis…you know eggs are a great source for biotin and biotin is essential for healthy hair growth. My ends though…need to go…my hairdresser really wanted to give me a trim on relaxer day but I told him we would do it when I came in next for another steam session in a few weeks.
 
Last year's touch up March 2015

Touch up August 2016 see the difference  year. I am happy with my retention so far. This was the best angle we could get the photos as my ends were still curled up from the flat iron process tried my best to get them as straight as possible. will probably do a length check photo once i get those ends trimmed


The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Lydz! Beautiful relaxer results. That was a long stretch! Are you sure you weren't thinking of transitioning? ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thannks Andrea! Lol no not transitioning anytime soon hahaha. Always lovely reading from you:)

      Delete
  2. Great progress mrembo keep it up! Do you prefer using the beautiful beginnings to keep more texture in your hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! and yes texture is exactly the reason why i switched to Beautiful Beginnings

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.