Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sew me up!



The last time I had a sew in weave was in November 2011, I decided to take a temporary break from them because I was becoming too dependent on sew ins. The temporary break turned into 3 years. My hair stylist cousin installed it for me, synthetic as usual with leave out hair. My other cousin was also getting her hair touched up while we were in the salon so stylist cousin used the remaining bit of her relaxer to touch up my leave out. She used Vitale Princess by Nature with Olive Oil for the leave out. She has finally grasped the concept of texlaxing so I think I can trust her to texlax my entire head. This relaxer is perfect for texlaxed heads as it doesn’t relax bone straight…maybe unless one leaves it for much longer. So she texlaxed my leave out shampooed and conditioned (I did not get the name of the products she used), blow dried the hair, then did front to back cornrows and finally installed the hair. I had prepared my hair for the install by deep conditioning three days earlier. She flat ironed the leave out and it blended in well with the “human hair look” synthetic hair.
 
Image source:Amazon
Because of the way the cornrows were braided oiling my scalp will be a nightmare so I will just stick to both store bought and homemade braid sprays to moisturize my hair and scalp. I plan to keep the sew in until the end of the year or maybe into the first week of January and will wash it every two weeks depending on how long I have it on. I must admit I was ready to take it out by day three since I had gotten so used to my scalp breathing freely while in braids but I kinda like the hair so I will keep it a little longer. This hair is synthetic but can be blow dried on low heat and roller set under a hooded dryer…flexi rods can also be used to achieve curls.  


It blended in pretty well



I mixed two colours



The Wash Day Experience

6 comments:

  1. Your sew-in looks really good, Lydz. It does blend very well with your hair. I can't wait to see what type of styles you try out with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I already styled it into a bun looking forward to more styles will do a photo post soon

      Delete
  2. it looks nice and very natural, it doesn't look synthetic at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! Stylist cousin recommended it and it was dirt cheap as well compared to real human hair so it's a win. Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  3. I bet that flexi-rid curls would look great with this protective style!

    Thanks for sharing!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure would KLP! Now I just need to buy me some flexi rods:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.