Friday 26 September 2014

Sunflower oil



Just thought I should do a quick post on sunflower oil after I used it as a pre poo on my last wash day. Growing up I used to eat sunflower seeds like my life depended on it I stopped somewhere along the way but recently picked up my sunflower seed eating habit albeit not as frequently as I did as a child, it sure is a great and healthy snack that keeps your jaws busy.  Sunflower oil is extracted from the seeds of the sunflower and is light in texture; it is rich in vitamins A, D and E and also contains linoleic acid which is its main component. It’s an all purpose oil meaning that it can be used as a hair and beauty oil and also in the kitchen and contains a host of health benefits. Natural sunflower oil contains high amounts of vitamin E which is very good for skin care and I have started using it on my face and body for soft supple skin as well as my hair. When used on hair sunflower oil nourishes hair, is a natural conditioner and helps prevent breakage. It is said to help prevent hair thinning and is effective in the treatment of hair loss and baldness. Read more about the all rounds benefits of sunflower oil for your health, skin and hair HERE

2 comments:

  1. As a pre-poo - interesting. I'm going to have to try it someday soon.

    I used to love sunflower seeds too...but haven't had them in ages, even though I have a pack at home, with pumpkin seeds. I have to try. Stay well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.