Monday 7 October 2013

Training Braids



One of my goals in this hair journey is to learn how to self braid using extensions so I decided to get these big box braids done last Friday by someone else and use them as training braids. Training braids in the sense that once they get messy I will re-do the perimeter or the entire head if I am able to, one braid at a time without having to take down the entire perimeter/head; so it will be one messy braid at a time until I get the hang of it. I can already fix a loose braid I have been doing that for as long as I can remember but I have never attempted to self braid my entire head with extensions so this will be an interesting challenge for me. Maybe I will even graduate to self weaving after this who knows? I have a few YouTube box braids tutorials bookmarked to use as a guideline just in case. I don’t really have a timeline for how long I will keep these braids in but will probably take them out once I am bored with them or they get too messy or I get tired of rebraiding them.

6 comments:

  1. I've tried doing this method myself, but my "training braid" always look messy lol. Plus, deep down I know I'll never have the patience to do a full head of braid extensions. LOL.

    Your braids look nice though! Is that a reddish color in them? I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neisha I hope I can one day do a full head was actually considering using one of my friends as a guinea pig if they will let me. I used Expressions braiding hair in colour 33 it has a reddish tone

      Delete
  2. Great work, Lydz. I think you did an excellent job. I wish I knew how to self-braid with extensions. I would love to have some kinky twists.

    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JC but I actually got these ones done by someone else the plan is to rebraid them myself once they get messy hence the term "training braids". I had kinky twists installed for the very first time a few months back and absolutely fell in love with them will definitely be installing those again in the future over and over again LOL

      Delete
  3. You did really well, I did my first set of kinky twist a few months ago, it turned out to be easier than I thought it would :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice but these ones were done by someone else I intend to use them for practice by rebraiding them when they get messy. Let me re-edit that line to read "got these big box braids done by someone else" just realised most people are assuming I did them myself:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.